British Airways and the Carnival's Photo Competition
Terms & Conditions
Carnival British Airways Hong Kong Photo Competition – Full Terms and Conditions
- Submission deadline is 11.59pm 15th February 2017. No late entries will be accepted.
- Participants must be Hong Kong permanent residents and is not an employee of BA or the Carnival and its affiliates. To enter this competition, you must complete 3 steps below.
a) Upload your photo taken at the carnival BA selfie area to your personal Facebook or Instagram account (photo must be set as public)
b) Tell us why you want to FLY BA to London with [Tag a friend]
c) Hashtag #BAatCarnival
- BA will select the winner and the winner will be entitled to two return tickets for travel on BA from Hong Kong to London in World Traveller economy class. If the winner has not contacted us and the prizes remain unclaimed within 3 days or are declined by the winner, supplementary winner may be selected from the remaining entries at BA’s discretion without further notice.
- There is no limitation of entries per person. Any entry that contains material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, tortious, defamatory or libellous will not be eligible to enter this competition. Non-copyrighted or computer-generated imagery is not accepted.
- All eligible entries received during the promotion period will be assessed and the winner will be selected by BA. BA reserves the right to wholly disqualify any person who does not meet all eligibility requirements. BA’s decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By submitting your photo, you grant BA the non-exclusive right to use and share it for other promotional purposes at any time in any media with attribution.
- This competition is subject to all applicable local laws and regulations. It is your responsibility to ensure that you comply with the laws that govern you in the jurisdiction in which you are resident. Your participation in this competition is at your sole option and risk. Competition void where not valid or prohibited. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- BA accepts no responsibility for damage or loss resulting from misdirected or incomplete entries arising from computer malfunction, viruses, bugs or telephone malfunction or other such causes. BA has no responsibility for any malfunction, delay, loss or damage caused by the Facebook website, its malfunction, or the actions of its administrators. The promoters are in no way liable for the reproduction or indirect access via third party web sites or home page access or where any reproduction misstates or omits any of the information or terms and conditions connected with the competition.
- Where available, all prize flights will be issued as e-tickets. Taxes and other surcharges are included. Prize flights must be booked at least 30 days prior to departure date by following the instructions in the notification.
- All prizes are subject to availability. Prize flights are subject to availability and capacity control. BA reserves the right to limit the number of prize travel seats available on any flight. It is possible that there will be no prize travel seats allocated on a particular service or the flight may be fully booked for prize travel seats, even though other seats are still available in the same cabin. BA does not accept any responsibility in the event that the winner is unable to book their preferred flight(s).
- Travel on BA franchise, codeshare and alliance airlines, domestic connections, transfers and other add-ons are NOT included in the prize. Once booked, no changes can be made to tickets. The winner and his/her travel companion must travel the outbound and inbound journeys together.
- The winner and his/her travelling companion are responsible for supplying valid passports and visas and obtaining inoculations that may be required to visit the destination that is their prize. BA recommends that all passengers consider travel and medical insurance prior to commencing any flight.
- Any other incidental expenses are NOT included in the above prizes and must be paid for by the winner. For the avoidance of doubt, BA will have no liability in relation to travel costs associated with travelling to or from the airports.
- BA reserves the right to provide substitute prizes of similar value, should the specified prizes become unavailable for reasons beyond its control.
- Prizes are non changeable and non transferable. No cash or credit alternatives are offered. No upgrades are allowed. All third party terms and conditions relating to the prize apply.
- The competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You are providing your details to BA and not to Facebook.
- Personal data will be taken where necessary from all entries received but shall be limited to those details reasonably necessary for the administration of the competition. This information may be shared with any other third parties reasonably involved in the competition without liability to BA or such third parties.
- By entering the competition you assign to BA the complete copyright and all other rights in any entry, which shall be for the full period of copyright.
- BA reserves the right to cancel or amend without notice the terms of this promotion and any tickets issued in the event of major catastrophe, war, earthquake or any actual or anticipated or alleged breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other circumstance beyond the promoter’s control in its sole discretion. BA reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the promotion or to be acting in violation of these Terms and Conditions or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, BA reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. BA’s failure to enforce any term of these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Except where prohibited, participation in the promotion constitutes the winner’s (and travel companion’s) consent to BA’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration and you confirm that you will obtain from any guest whom you invite permission for the promoters to use their name and likeness, for advertising and future promotional purposes without additional compensation. The potential winner may be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and (where imposing such condition is legal) a Publicity Release (collectively, “Prize Claim Documents”). If any potential winner fails or refuses to sign and return all Prize Claim Documents within 3 days of prize notification, the winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected.
- Prize flights cannot be used in conjunction with any Avios rewards programme, and other discount, discount coupon(s) or voucher(s), promotion(s), or special offer(s), by BA or jointly with any other organisation, bonus, awards or certificates. No Avios or partner miles will be awarded for travel under this promotion.
- By receipt of any prize, the winner agrees to release and hold harmless the Promoter, and its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of its respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
- Promotional materials form part of these terms and conditions. These Terms and Conditions will prevail in the event of any conflict between these and the promotional materials.